About Us

AVA Art Center

Introducing our newest venture! We have secured a lease with the Hogan Street Cottages and are thrilled to announce the opening of the AVA Art Center in February of 2024. Conveniently situated within the complex’s community building at 1350 Hogan Street, the center welcomes AVA members to participate by staffing open studio sessions or leading classes to share their art expertise.

Link to AVA Art Center group on Facebook

External view of the new AVA Art Center

AVA Mission

We envision an arts-based community partnership in which every citizen has opportunities to explore, experience, and develop an appreciation for the visual arts in order to maximize their potential.

AVA Artists

Antigo Visual Arts is a diverse group of artists. Our members work in various mediums including mixed media, acrylics, oils, watercolors, pastels, pencil, pottery, photography, sculpture, woodcarving, fabric art, and metalwork. Regardless of your medium, you are welcome to join AVA.

A bunch of folks showing off their art pieces

AVA Gallery Shows

AVA sponsors 3 judged art gallery exhibits yearly open to the public. While membership is not required to enter, AVA members enjoy reduced entry fees. Additionally, AVA hosts a Holiday Gift Shop exclusively for members.

Link to AVA Gallery on LCHS Website

Two people presenting a third an award for their art

AVA Receptions

Each judged show includes a reception open to the public. At these events, winning artists receive cash awards and ribbons. If an artist is not present, they receive their cash award by mail within 15 days. The ribbon remains with the artwork in the gallery until the next show. AVA receptions also serve as a gathering for artists to connect, share hors d’oeuvres, enjoy wine, and discuss art.

People at a reception gathering


Our spring AVA gallery show is a Wisconsin Regional Arts Program (WRAP) exhibit and is sponsored by the Association of Wisconsin Artists (AWA). WRAP offers various artist workshops/exhibits statewide, each with a different artist demonstration or lecture and sometimes a different judge for critiques. Artists can enter multiple workshops, with their work exhibited in different communities. If selected for the state exhibit at two workshops, artists can choose which one to submit. This provides a great opportunity for regional artists to showcase their work at a state level.


Wisconsin Regional Arts Program – Teen (WRAP-Teen) is a program like WRAP, tailored for artists aged 13-19. It offers them a chance to exhibit their work at both regional and state levels. Antigo hosts a WRAP-Teen exhibit annually at the Antigo Public Library (APL). For details, contact WRAP-Teen Coordinator, Danna Gabriel. More information about WRAP and WRAP-Teen is available on the Association of Wisconsin Artists website.

Sell Your Art

All entries for AVA shows can be sold at the gallery. While AVA does receive some income from membership dues, it also relies on artwork sales to cover expenses. Artists are asked to price their work with the understanding that they will receive 75% of the price, with the remaining 25% going to AVA. Half of this amount, or 12.5%, is then donated to the Langlade County Historical Museum by Antigo Visual Arts.

Woman hanging a painting on the wall

AVA Staff

Board of Directors

7 people all smiling for the camera

Committee Members

Danna Gabriel

Title: Communications & Development Committee Chair

Email: ava@antigovisualarts.org

Olivia Kraucyk

Title: Art Center & Membership Enhancement Committee Chair

Email: artcenter@antigovisualarts.org

Vicki Eldridge

Title: Exhibition & Sales Committee Chair

Email: gallery@antigovisualarts.org

Madison Taylor

Title: Public Art Committee Chair

Email: publicart@antigovisualarts.org